Autism-Products.com presents the Ark Textured Grabber XT!
ARK's Textured Grabber XT is an oral motor chew tool made out of the same "Xtra Tough" material as our regular Grabber XT.
The material is firm, yet still chewy and resilient - perfect for
individuals who exert more jaw pressure. The Textured Grabber features
three different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular
bumps, and one with rectangular bumps. These textures simulate the feel
of actual food for realistic non-food chewing practice. They also add
extra tactile sensation to the lips, cheeks, gums, and tongue to help
desensitize the mouth, decrease decrease oral defensiveness/aversions,
and transition individuals with sensory issues from puréeed to textured
foods. The Grabber can also be used:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw
- To allow the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube